Thursday, September 11, 2014

Daily Life: Hilarious

As the baby is trying to maneuver around the maraca under her leg:

Me [to the baby]: Are you stuck from the maraca?  Or is the maraca stuck under you?

My husband: That's a metaphysical question.

Me: It's just a physical question.

Him: All physical questions are metaphysical.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's cool now??*

--------------------------------------------------------

Travis, after studying during intercession to get ahead: Well, the stuff we're doing right now is actually pretty hard.

--------------------------------------------------------

Pediatrician's Nurse about my crawling baby: Are you giving her plenty of tummy time, mama?

--------------------------------------------------------

While walking around our new 'hood:
Me: I'm really glad our house number is even.  I like even numbers so much more than odd, and its both even overall and if you add all the digits, it's even.  It'd be even better if every digit is even, but that's okay.

Travis: Well, zero isn't even or odd.

Me: Yeah, but I like to think of it as even.


*I mean, NPR is great.  Love Krista Tippet's On Being.  Have had driveway moments.  But cool?

1 comment:

  1. So all of these are great -- but this one had me laughing out loud: "Pediatrician's Nurse about my crawling baby: Are you giving her plenty of tummy time, mama?"

    ReplyDelete