My mom's biographer of Fr. Stanley Rother, an Oklahoma farm boy turned Guatemalan martyr, The Shepherd Who Didn't Run
Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth
Well, that last one was on my nightstand before the whole childbirth thing happened.
Now that one's gone (helpful as it was.)
And I'm left with a stack of books I desperately want to read.
- nursing the baby
- reading Hoppity Hop to the toddler
- planning what to make some day/getting into food writing/scouring Smitten Kitchen archives (while nursing the baby)
- actually making decadence like scones while eating dinner out of our friends' and neighbors' generosity and, later, our freezer
- trying to keep up with the news without becoming depressed
- cleaning my house
- celebrating Easter! (while nursing the baby)